2.04.2010

i really need to file my taxes. problem is: i'm an idiot.

the modern man inside me says: do it yourself. for free. online.
the know-it-all inside me says: uh, remember what happened the last time you filed your own taxes?

what happened last time was this: a couple years ago i filed my taxes online, by myself. the taxes were sort of complicated because, at the time, i had several different w2s and a couple other things complicated the situation. long story short is i made a HUGE mistake on my taxes, filed them, and then an entire year later the irs sent me a notice saying that i owed them several thousand dollars.

ooops. my bad.

so you can see why i'm just a tad bit hesitant to try this route again. typically i have someone prepare my taxes for me but i feel like it takes forever and a day to get it done and squared away with...and more importantly i want my refund asafp.

ugh. i'm doing it. i'm going it alone. turbotax.com here i come. help me god. and yall can keep your fingers crossed for me too because if the shit hits the fan again this year, i'll for sure be in the big house because my ass is broke.