2.04.2010

don't forget the nanner over to your right. it's housing some great tunes that i'm particularly loving at the moment.

i'm absolutely crazy about imogen's new(ish) cd. absolutely love it - my favorites being little bird (featured on the nanner), canvas, bad body double, and wait it out. absolutely amazing...great, great sit-back-and-reflect music. if i can't sleep at night, i'll put in my buds and listen to her. it soothes, it calms, it makes me imagine all things light, airy, comforting, beautiful. it takes me to a place that my rem cycle can't compete with. do you smell rats in the kitchen? i do. i love the feelings and thoughts that come to me while listening to her and others.

speaking of others, my bff jfeste informed me that goldfrapp (an all-time fave of mine) is coming out with a new cd as well. SO EXCITED. i already have previewed two tracks: believer and rocket. soooooo good, i can't wait for the rest. keep your eyes and ears peeled for more jams.

annnnd...sade has a new album out and it's smokin hot, as to be expected. her sultry voice makes me melt and empathize toward whatever she's singing about. and the intstrumentals? effing sex. i'm freakin crazy about lover's rock (it's the best song to make out to, trust me) but she's produced a couple other great tracks like babyfather, skin, and i'm absolutely positive that i want my wedding dance song to be in another time. god i'll slow dance with myself to it...it's that romantic.

so far - love love love this year in music.