1.05.2010

i've been so emo lately it's pretty much disgusting. i'd puke on myself if i didn't have such a phobia about puking.

(i literally cry like a baby whenever i puke. i get so scared!)

anyway, song lyrics have been hitting my ear like i've never heard music before. i swear, its like i'm listening to the song lyrics more than ever and becoming one of those people that quote song lyrics as an attempt to express oneself.

gross, right? and it's not that the song lyrics are just so genius that it makes me stop dead in my tracks and be like wow that's amazing, i've never thought about it that way before!

i do make one, small exception though: jordin sparks is a lyrical genius. take for instance these gems:

"you fire words but all they do is ricochet, you think i'm paying the price, but it's not costing me" --walking on snow

or

"all these tears are just drops in the ocean baby, you barely even cross my mind, no no, and it doesn't hurt that much, it was only a papercut." --papercut

fucking brilliant.

but like i said, she's the exception. more times than not lyrics just hit you like, oh, that's an interesting way to express a feeling that i can relate to. or maybe it's comforting to hear someone sing about stuff that's currently going on in your life. the words, the music, the melody -- they make something ugly all of a sudden seem very pretty.

i don't know what it is, but it's altogether ridiculous. i'm going to stop myself from sharing lyrics near and dear to my heart on here, you're welcome, but just know that i too am flawed -- i have an emo alter ego.

don't worry tho - you won't catch me in skinny jeans and a leather jacket anytime soon. i draw a line somewhere.