5.21.2009

The Wallflowers' One Headlight just came on and it changed my mood exponentially for the day. Thanks for that guys. Oldie but goodie.

Speaking of, I was going to post something about, gasp, Demi Lovato's La La Land. The song somehow shuffled its way into my earbuds and I was OK with that. While I was listening to the angsty lyrics, I was like YES, so true Demi. Rock on. But, after researching the lyrics, it's probably best I didn't quote them. The song is mostly about not being an LA-byproduct. I've never even been to LA so I can't really relate with that, but I can relate with this, pardon my quoting-from-a-teen-queen-that-knows-nothing-about-the-real-world-yet:

I am confident
But I still have my moments
Baby, that's just me
I'm not a supermodel
I still eat McDonald's
Baby, that's just me


OK, well I don't eat at McDonald's, well, wait, I sometimes eat their soft-serve cones and McNuggets. Guilty.

The bigger picture is being proud and confident in the skin you're in. It's such a disappointment to see people get caught up in their bodies and physical image. In a world trapped within the lonely grips of vanity, it's refreshing to think about those who embrace themselves for who they really are, not how many abdominals can be seen, not how dark their tan is, not how fresh their clothes are.

Nothing is sexier than unabashed confidence for absolutely no reason at all. People who rock out their personality will always capture my attention first before some hard shell of a human being ever will.

You can slap an ass only so many times before you begin to wish there was a single, shred of thought process going on in their mind during the pale moonlight afterglow.

That is, a thought process other than, gotta work on my delts in the morning.

I hope you don't wake up old and alone, and probably fat. Live that life of yours and do what it is that makes you happy.

All in moderation.

After all, we can be cool and confident, but we can still have our moments.

It's human.