2.27.2009

This blog is really not intended to be a dream journal, so please bear with me during my sporadic That's So Raven visions of the future, but I had yet another dream last night that really touched my soul, made me think about LOVE.

Yes, love. Here we go again, as if I don't talk about that subject enough, either. In reality, just be glad that I'm not critiquing granola bar brands, like I've been known to do.

Anyway, I'm ready for the plunge. After a dream about a particular person, in a particular place in time, and having those particular feelings feel SO real and SO vivid, I can't imagine going through life without those damn particulars. No, I'm not still longing after that particular person (I got over that many moons ago), but geez, I so want the sincere feelings of partnered contentment, commitment, emotions ranging both high and low, that zest for eternal camaraderie...you know, looking at someone and believing with all my being that YOU are the one. There are no others.

...all that, yes, I want it.

And in return, that very same person would have the exact mindset about me. Because really, why go out for hamburgers when you have steak at home?

Word up, lover.

Regardless, I've always been one to say that if I could get married, have 4 kids, and put up that white picket fence tomorrow...I totally would. With no regret whatsoever. And this dream confirmed just that. While I might be talking in a post-splendor haze, in reality, I've felt this way for awhile now and this dream made it seem as if I had finally won that coveted, internal lottery.

That's just where I'm at, ok?

I'm not some wishy-washy, pathetic sap. I just have goals to achieve, even though yeah, I get it, it's not solely up to me to achieve such a thing...but damnit, I wish it were.

And the whole picket fence thing? Yeah, the fence would definitely not be picket, more like a mahogany-stained, recycled barn wood barrier with Asian juniper shrubbery lining the outside within a dark, shredded mulch. Very minimal, but also very tasteful.

Oh, snap.