10.22.2009

it's a weird notion to me that we (and i don't know who we are, just a collective identity i guess) are obsessed with others making us "happy."

as if you can't be a happy person on your own? nope, you need someone to reassure you that, repeat after me, yes, you are happy. even if it's the mere physical presence of another person, i.e. that relationship you've been dreaming about all your life...that's all you need to be happy? to be normal?

by golly, cling to that boyfriend/girlfriend label with your tightest death grip! they're all you have! you can't be happy alone! never let go, jack!

i've had it happen to me. a la valentines day. i was stupid:

oh god, i'm alone. nobody wants me. i must be worthless.

omg, idiot. what's the desperation about? seriously...get over yourself. why would anyone want you if that's your train of thought: i'm worthless unless someone else can see the good in me. i hope i'm good enough for someone to take a chance on.

uf.

watch a freaking romantic comedy without going WHY OH WHY CAN'T I BE IN LOVE?

stay in on a friday night without thinking AM I A BIG, FAT LOSER? PASS THE HAAGEN DAZS!

say no to that drunk man/woman at the bar I'LL TAKE YOUR LOVE, EVEN IF YOU THINK I HAVE TWO HEADS. MY PLACE OR YOURS!?

have some respect.

and get real while you're at it.

your implusive, illogical attempts for getting someone to love you depress me.

i can't imagine how you must be feeling then.

grow a pair, relax, loosen up, and don't take yourself so seriously. sociopaths aren't sexy. confidence is sexy.

own yourself.

i hope you find whatever it is that you're looking for...

but, in the meantime, i bet if you found yourself, you'd be a lot less unhappy during your pursuit.