3.30.2009

Just for verification purposes: I am not anti-Obama.

Get off my back.

Friends, it's OK. I can make statements that do not = OMGIHEARTOBAMA and, at the same time, not fear consequential persecution or crucifixion.

It's OK. It's an opinion. And a non-extreme one at that.

It doesn't mean I'm a hater. First and foremost I'm a lover. Not a hater.

But that doesn't stop peeps from leering at me like I'm a terrorist or a Republican or something similar in nature.

What I am though is observant. What I am though is "a holder." You say something, I hold you to it (which is 50/50 because my memory is shrinking at an incredible rate).

And what I am though is a leader of my own life. Not a follower. Unless we're talking about Twitter, and even then I reserve the right to disseminate NTF and NNF (need to follow and need not follow).

Point is: I lead my opinions, they don't lead me.

I'm amazed at how many people are absolutely enthralled with Obama. I will never EVER be that enthralled by any politician, ever. Politicians are politicians, and you can never fully trust one, even Obama. But I still respect Obama and I still have faith that he will do his very best to fix a very complex situation(s).

Obama is a great leader and I'm so excited that he and his amazing team are tackling this nation's obstacles head on. I anticipate the results, both good and bad.

But I will not be sold to as some idiot who will (literally) buy into the extravaganza that is Obama = savior.

He's our President. And he has a very important job to do. America: quit celebritizing him. He's not a celebrity. He's a public servant who has a lot of crucial work to do, which doesn't include posing for GQ and/or being on the Tonight Show. Or subliminally selling orange juice or any other orange drink.

Let him do his thing. His real thing. His President of the free world thing.

The end.