2.16.2009

I can't do it, I just.can't.do.it.

I've yet to work up the nerve to wear the Speedos I bought almost a year ago. I only bought them because, at the time, I really wanted to start swimming at my gym. I mean, I used to swim all the time. I worked at the Y for nearly 6 years teaching swim lessons day in and day out, lifeguarding, and teaching Aquasize (yes, yes I did)...I swam SO much. It's such great exercise and I actually enjoy doing it, which can't be said about exercising in general.

But beside a dip or two in the lake (a shallow dip at that, I have a fear of dark water) over the past couple of years, I haven't even come close to swimming.

I think I'm over Spin classes for the most part. It's fun and whatnot, but it just doesn't fit into my schedule, so I want to swim and I want to swim in the Speedos I bought (the elongated shorts kind, I'm no showboat) but I JUST CAN'T DO IT.

I feel absolutely ridiculous in them. I have board shorts up the wahoo, but those aren't the best to swim in plus I don't want the chlorine to fade and ruin them.

CONUNDRUM.

Sumner just work up the nerve and get over yourself. Everyone else is doing it, even LARGE people.

I just feel weird...like too much of my stuff is out there.

My anxiety level has peaked just thinking about it.